Ingredients for mushroom balls
· 2 cups finely chopped mushrooms
· ½ cup finely chopped green capsicum
· 2-3 table spoons shallots
· 2 table spoons chopped garlic
· 2 table spoons pomegranate molasses (recipe below)
· 2 slices bread
· 4 table spoons of corn flour
· 1 table spoons oregano (fresh/dry)
· 1 tea spoon chili flakes
· 1 tea spoon chili sauce
· 2 table spoons of olive oil
· 1 cup fresh mozzarella balls
· 1 cup grated cheese
- In a pan add olive oil. Sauté garlic and shallots for a minute. Add chopped capsicum and mushrooms. Sauté well for 2-3 minutes, let the water evaporate. Add chili flakes to it. Keep this mushroom aside till it gets cold.
In a bowl add the cooked mushrooms, dip the bread in the water for a second and squeeze well. Add to the mushrooms, also add the pomegranate molasses, chili sauce, salt, oregano and corn flour. Mix well and make balls out of it. Pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius and bake it for 20-30 minutes.
Recipe of pomegranate molasses:2 cups of pomegranate juice ,2 table spoons of lemon juice, 1/4 cup of sugar. In a pan add all the ingredients and cook for 20 minutes. Your Pomegranate molasses is ready.
- Ingredients for Tomato Harissa sauce
· 2 tomatoes boiled & chopped
· 3 tomatoes chopped
· 2 table spoons garlic
· few Basil leaves
· 1 tea spoon chili flakes
· 1 tea spoon black pepper
· 2 table spoons harissa sauce (recipe given below)
· 2 table spoons olive oil
- Grind the tomatoes, garlic and few Basil leaves together. In a pan add olive, add the tomato puree along with the chopped tomatoes. Add salt, chili flakes, black pepper and some Basil leaves. Cover it and cook for 20 minutes. Now add Harissa sauce and keep it aside.
- Ingredients for Harissa sauce
1 Red bell pepper
4 Red dry chilies
4 garlic cloves with the skin
1 table spoon cumin seeds
1 table spoon coriander seeds
1 table spoon caraway seeds
2 table spoons lime juice
3 table spoons oil
few mint leaves
- Roast the bell pepper on the gas. Once roasted put in a plastic bag. With the humidity, the black skin will come out easily. On the other hand, boil the dry chilies with garlic cloves for 3 minutes. Remove from the pan. In a pan roast cumin, coriander & caraway seeds for 2 minutes. In a blender add the roasted bell pepper, boiled garlic & chilly, roasted seeds, salt, lime juice, mint leaves and oil. Grind it well and make a paste. Your Harissa sauce is ready.
Time to bake baked mushrooms with tomato Harissa sauce
· Pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius. In a baking dish put a layer of tomato Harissa sauce. Place the baked mushroom balls, cover them with the sauce. Place fresh mozzarella balls. Cover with the grated cheese and bake it for 20 minutes.