Chocolate Orange Mousse with Chocolate Glaze (serves 6)
Ingredients & methods of Chocolate Orange Mousse with Chocolate Glaze
Ingredients for chocolate mousse
2-3 table spoons of Baileys/rum/brandy
1 cup whipped cream
100 gm milk chocolate
1 tea spoon orange zest
2 tea spoons gelatin powder/1 sheet
¼ cup milk +6 table spoons for gelatin
- In a standing mixer blend the whipped cream till it makes nice peaks. In a pan on a slow fire add milk and Baileys. Once it starts boiling switch of the flame and let it cool. In a small bowl add 6 table spoons of cold milk and gelatin powder and mix well. In a double boiler (if you don’t have double boiler add water to the pan, place a thick tissue paper and keep a bowl) melt the chocolate, once it is melt add orange zest and mix well. To the whipped cream add gelatin, melted chocolate with orange zest, and baileys with milk. Whip it again for 15-20 seconds. Keep the mixture in the refrigerator for half an hour and put in the piping bag.
- Ingredients for chocolate glaze
125 ml water + 6 table spoons
1 cup whipped cream
70 gm castor sugar
80 gm dark chocolate
30 gm cocoa powder
2 tea spoon gelatin powder
- In a bowl add gelatin with 6 table spoons of water. Mix well and keep it aside. In a pan add water, castor sugar, whipped cream and cocoa water. On a slow flame mix it well, in case there are some lumps whisk it well with a whisker. Now add gelatin water and whisk well and switch off the flame. Add the dark chocolate and mix it well till melts. If you find any lumps you can strain or whisk in a grinder.
- Ingredients for whipped cream icing
½ cup whipped cream
5 table spoon icing sugar
- In a standing mixer add whipped cream and icing sugar and whisk till the peaks are formed. Put it in a piping bag with the desired nozzle.
Assembling of orange chocolate mousse with chocolate glaze.
Put chocolate mousse and chocolate glaze in the piping bags. On a platter or in an individual glass pour the chocolate mousse. Glaze it with chocolate glaze. Garnish with whipped cream icing and few basil/mint leaves. Chill it for minimum 4 hours. Serve chilled.