Lemongrass Tamarind Paneer with Vegetables (serves 4)
Ingredients & methods of Lemongrass Tamarind Paneer with Vegetables
- 350 gm paneer /tofu
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 lemon grass
- 2 table spoons brown sugar
- 1 red/green sliced jalapeno
- 2 table spoons chopped garlic
- 3 table spoons dark soya sauce
- 2 table spoons tamarind paste
- 3 bird eye chilly
- 1 table spoon galangal
- 1 tea spoon black pepper
- few chopped basil
- salt to taste
- Cut the paneer/tofu into cubes. In a bowl cut the lemongrass white portion into round slices. Add soya sauce, brown sugar, jalapeno, bird eye chilly, galangal, chopped garlic, black pepper, salt and paneer. Mix well and marinate for 30 minutes.
In a pan add the vegetable oil and sauté the marinated paneer for 10 minutes. Add the red bell pepper and carrot and sauté for 2 minutes more. Add the vegetable stock and tamarind paste. Add a pinch of salt and check if desired more. Cook for another 3 minutes.
Garnish it with chopped basil. Serve hot with Jasmine rice.