1 cup Arborio rice
· 500 gm of spinach (only leaves)
· 10-12 mushrooms (if you don’t have mushrooms you can do the same procedure with beetroot)
· 3 cups of vegetable stock
· ½ cup of white wine
· ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese (if you don’t have parmesan can do with normal cheese)
· few thymes leave
· few parsley
· chili flakes
· 7-8 cloves of garlic chopped
· 3 onion shallots
· 1 table spoon of black pepper
· 3 table spoons of olive oil
· 2 table spoons of fresh cream
- · Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Slice the mushrooms and arrange in an oven tray. Sprinkle 1-2 tea spoons of olive oil and 2-3 chopped garlic cloves. Sprinkle salt and black pepper and some thyme. Bake it for 15-20 minutes till the mushroom turns brown. If you don’t have mushrooms and you are using beetroot then cut beetroot into small cubes and follow the same procedure.
· In a pan add 6-7 cups of water. When the water starts boiling put the spinach and close the flame and cover the lid. Let the spinach be in the warm water for 3-5 minutes. Rinse with cold water. Divide the spinach in two portions. Of one portion make puree and the other chop randomly. Keep them aside.
· In a pan add olive oil and sauté shallots with parsley. Add chopped garlic to it and sauté for next 2 minutes. Add the Arborio rice and sauté for a minute. Add white wine and cover the lid. Let the wine evaporate. Add salt, black pepper and chili flakes. Now keep adding 1 cup of vegetable stock at a time. Cook on low fire. Keep adding vegetable stock slowly. After 3 cups your rice will almost be done. Check the rice grain and add spinach puree and chopped spinach. Stir it well. Add 2 table spoons of fresh cream and parmesan cheese. Stir it once. Serve on a platter with the roasted mushrooms. Serve hot.